There’s nothing more heart-breaking than hearing your dog whine. But dogs don’t only whine when they’re scared or nervous – in fact, this dog behaviour can mean many things.
Your dog may whine when they’re:
- greeting others – your dog may be excited to meet people or other dogs
- interacting with others – whining can be a sign of submission
- anxious – your dog may be stressed or have separation anxiety
- seeking attention – your dog might want some cuddles, their toy or a treat
- in pain – it’s common for dogs to whine when they’re hurt.